If you are a young conservative looking to advance in politics and public policy, a Leadership Institute internship is for you.
Interns are placed in Leadership Institute departments, including Campus Reform, Political Training, International Training, LI Studios, Technology, Development, and more. Interns receive personal mentoring from their supervisors and complete high-priority projects.
Interns attend all LI trainings free of charge, host conservative leaders at private weekly dinners, visit Members of Congress on Capitol Hill, and experience all that D.C. has to offer. Each intern leads a discussion on a book that has shaped the conservative movement. No two days in the office are the same.
In addition to weekly speaker nights arranged by the Leadership Institute, interns are encouraged to attend issue briefings by other conservative organizations. Interns also go on group outings to Mount Vernon, the Briar Patch (Morton and Helen Blackwell's home in the Blue Ridge Mountains), the U.S. Capitol, and other national landmarks.
With a focus on the four pillars of development -- professional, personal, political and philosophical -- the program has a track record of success. Many interns take their training and experience at the Institute and directly apply it in the workforce or on their campus.
For more information about the program, please contact Paul Alfonse, LI's Intern Coordinator.
An LI internship includes:
- - Free housing at the Sacher House, located a short, 10-minute walk from LI
- - $825 stipend per month
- - Free tuition to all LI trainings for one year
- - $200 book allowance to build your conservative library
- - Private dinners and lunches with conservative VIPs
- - Projects of high responsibility
- - Priority status in LI's Employment Placement Services
How to apply
1. Review frequently asked questions about applying for LI's intern program.
2. Complete a new jobseeker profile on ConservativeJobs.com.
3. Attend the Leadership Institute's Youth Leadership School, the boot camp of politics for young conservatives.