Sound Money and America’s Global Economic Leadership
December 7, 2010 | By Lauren Hart
December 7, 2010, Arlington, VA—Today at the Capitol two conservative organizations sponsored a panel discussion on sound money and America’s global economic leadership.
Atlas Economic Research Foundation and FreedomWorks Foundation co-sponsored the event at the U.S. Capitol Hill Visitor Center from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
• Matt Kibbe, President and CEO, FreedomWorks Foundation
• Alejandro Chafuen, President, Atlas Economic Research Foundation
• Representative Mike Pence of Indiana
• Judy Shelton, Co-Director, Sound Money Project, Atlas Economic Research Foundation
• Representative Paul Ryan of Wisconsin
• Lawrence White, Professor of Economics, George Mason University
• Jimmy Kemp, Son of Jack Kemp, Jack Kemp Foundation
• Brad Lips, CEO, Atlas Economic Research Foundation
The book—A Guide to Sound Money by Judy Shelton—was given out today and can also be downloaded here.
The book highlights ten core principles of sound money, including:
1. Honesty in Money
2. Free Markets Need Accurate Money
3. Clear Price Signals are Key to Economic Stability
4. Integrity in Money
5. Ability to Plan Ahead
6. Consistency in the Worth of Money Over Time
7. Asserting the Right to a Reliable Dollar
8. Constitutional Imperative in Money
9. Limiting Government Intervention
10. Sound Money Would Restore America’s Strength
For more information on the Sound Money Project, click here.
The Leadership Institute is an educational foundation whose mission is to increase the number and effectiveness of conservative activists and leaders in the public policy process. To accomplish this, LI identifies, recruits, trains, and places conservatives in government, politics, and the media. Since the Institute’s 1979 founding, more than 90,000 people have been trained (with half of those being in the last six years) in one or more of the 40 current programs offered in all 50 states and across the globe. For more information, please visit: http://www.leadershipinstitute.org