The Organization Building Workshop equips activists and leaders to make a measurable difference locally while building a long-term volunteer base for an organization.
The skills and models that will be taught are distilled from best practices of campaigns, marketing, sales, and psychology; the activities are designed so participants make immediate progress towards their goals for volunteer, membership, donor, and prospect recruitment.
This training is intended for locally-focused activists, with an emphasis on volunteer and membership recruitment that can be applied to campus, neighborhood, and campaign operations. All activities are designed to produce immediate results and breakthroughs for those who participate fully.
In this special Organization Building Workshop, Scott Presler will highlight how registering voters and running for local office fit into a wider picture of long-term organizing, as well as how they can activate new voters and activists for the first time.
Attendees will learn how to:
• Recruit and Retain Voters, Volunteers and Organization Members
• Build Coalitions and Lists of Contacts, Donors, Supporters, Petition Signatures, etc.
• Activate Contacts to Get and Stay Involved
• Connect New Members on Social Media and in Person
• Organize Data with Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
• Nurture Relationships in the long term
• Identify the right battles and the right seats and positions to run for locally
Registration fees cover meals and training materials, access to the training content, and discounted access to on-demand training. For more information or questions, contact training manager Nathan Fatal at firstname.lastname@example.org.