Twitter is one of the most powerful -- and fun -- tools for people who care about politics, but it is also one of the most daunting for new users.
In this focused, online workshop, you will learn how to navigate Twitter confidently and use it to accomplish your goals in the public policy process.
Panel | Twitter Tips from Influencers -- Learn how Twitter influences what the media covers -- and what that means for your activism. A panel of Twitter influencers will discuss tips and tactics you can put to work right away. You'll learn:
- how media, influencers, and elected officials use Twitter;
- how Twitter helps to shape public debate, especially during live, major events; and
- how to use Twitter to track the political issues most important to you.
Twitter Fundamentals -- Learn how to navigate Twitter like a pro from your computer or your smartphone. You'll learn:
- how to find Twitter accounts you want to follow;
- exactly what all the symbols (e.g. @, #) mean;
- how to understand -- and use -- hashtags; and
- how to send different types of tweets, including with hands-on demonstrations and practice.
Twitter Tools and Measurement -- Increase your effectiveness -- and your confidence -- with Twitter by taking advantage of free tools and Twitter's analytics platform that shows your highest-performing content. You'll learn:
- free or low-cost tools you can use to make posting to Twitter or keeping track of Twitter easier, and
- how to use Twitter's free analytics tool to track the performance of your account or your organization's.
The last segment ends at 4pm Eastern / Washington D.C.