Starting a blog can be fun and rewarding – if you get started the right way. Learn step-by-step advice to start a successful blog.
Whether you want to create a new blog or reinvigorate an existing one, you will benefit from this training.
The Leadership Institute's Online Training: Introduction to Blogging is designed to give you practical knowledge and specific tactics to manage a successful blog.
Starting Your Blog (6pm to 7pm Eastern / EST time) -- In this fun, easy-to-follow introduction to blogging, you'll learn:
- how a blog can help your project or organization – and how to make a plan that will help you succeed;
- the meanings of common (but often confusing) terms related to domain names, website hosting, and more, so you can manage your blog with confidence – even if you're not a "tech person"; and
- the step-by-step instructions to set up a blog using WordPress, a free, widely used blogging platform.
Writing Great Content (7pm to 8pm Eastern / EST time) -- Learn how to transform your ideas into high-quality blog posts – quickly and efficiently. You'll learn:
- how to write interesting, compelling blog posts and calls to action;
- writing templates for blog and social media posts that you can personalize and use right away; and
- best practices for promoting your blog on social media.
Finding and Keeping Your Readers (8pm to 9pm Eastern / EST time) -- The top question you likely have about blogging is how to find – and keep – readers. Learn a mix of no-cost and low-cost methods to grow your readership. You'll learn:
- how to turn one-time visitors into website subscribers;
- how to run low-cost advertisements online to promote your blog; and
- three ways to boost your social media presence to reach new audiences.