Starting a blog can be fun and rewarding – if you get started the right way. Learn step-by-step advice to start a successful blog.
Whether you want to create a new blog or reinvigorate an existing one, you will benefit from this training.
The Leadership Institute's Online Training: Introduction to Blogging is designed to give you practical knowledge and specific tactics to manage a successful blog.
You can sign into this training online, from anywhere in the world. You'll be able to see and hear the speaker and raise your hand (albeit virtually!) to ask questions, just like at any Leadership Institute training.
Starting Your Blog (6pm to 7pm Eastern / EST time) -- In this fun, easy-to-follow introduction to blogging, you'll learn:
- how a blog can help your project or organization – and how to make a plan that will help you succeed;
- the meanings of common (but often confusing) terms related to domain names, website hosting, and more, so you can manage your blog with confidence – even if you're not a "tech person"; and
- the step-by-step instructions to set up a blog using WordPress, a free, widely used blogging platform.
Writing Great Content (7pm to 8pm Eastern / EST time) -- Learn how to transform your ideas into high-quality blog posts – quickly and efficiently. You'll learn:
- how to write interesting, compelling blog posts and calls to action;
- writing templates for blog and social media posts that you can personalize and use right away; and
- best practices for promoting your blog on social media.
Finding and Keeping Your Readers (8pm to 9pm Eastern / EST time) -- The top question you likely have about blogging is how to find – and keep – readers. Learn a mix of no-cost and low-cost methods to grow your readership. You'll learn:
- how to turn one-time visitors into website subscribers;
- how to run low-cost advertisements online to promote your blog; and
- three ways to boost your social media presence to reach new audiences.