The success of your organization, cause, or candidate depends on how well a message is communicated by the media, so the words you use matter.
Attend the Leadership Institute's Public Relations School and discover how to translate your candidate, organization, or your own message into a media strategy for positive coverage.
The Public Relations School takes place at the Leadership Institute's Steven P.J. Wood Building located in Arlington, VA.
Who it's for:
- Press Assistants
- Media relations professionals
- External relations/outreach professionals
- Anyone engaging with media or the public on behalf of a candidate, elected official, or organization
How you'll benefit:
- Develop the right message for your target audience
- Use social media to spread that message
- Build valuable relationships with the media
- Communicate effectively through writing, speaking, and interpersonal skills
What to expect: In this full-day workshop, you will hear from several public relations experts on topics like strategy, journalist relations, crisis communications, campaigns, press releases, and social media.
You'll also engage in several in-class exercises to prepare you for the every-day challenges of public relations.
- Welcome packet and notepad
- Training materials
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
*Ask us about student and group rates.