The Advanced Organization-Building Workshop equips activists and leaders to make a measurable difference locally while building a long-term volunteer base for an organization.
The skills and models that will be taught are distilled from best practices of campaigns, marketing, sales, and psychology; the activities are designed so participants make immediate progress towards their goals for volunteer, membership, donor, and prospect recruitment.
This training is intended for locally-focused activists, with an emphasis on volunteer and membership recruitment that can be applied to campus, neighborhood, and campaign operations. All activities are designed to produce immediate results and breakthroughs for those who participate fully.
Attendees will learn how to:
• Recruit and Retain Volunteers and Organization Members
• Build Coalitions and Lists of Contacts, Donors, Supporters, Petition Signatures, etc.
• Activate Contacts to Get and Stay Involved
• Connect New Members on Social Media and in Person
• Organize Data with Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
• Nurture Relationships in the long term
Registration fees cover meals and training materials. However, attendees should bring laptops for some of the activities.