Python is a powerful programming language that helps run websites, applications, and other digital tools that you rely on every day. It's also beginner-friendly, straightforward, and relevant to your daily work -- plus it immediately stands out on a resume.
You can learn Python -- from its history and when to use it to coding with it yourself -- in this hands-on introduction to Python. The workshop is designed for non-programmers, so no previous experience or special programs are necessary.
You'll get all the information -- and personal guidance -- you need to get up and running with Python.
1pm | Understanding Python -- Get an introduction to Python and understand how you can use it for your organization. You'll learn:
- the history of Python as a programming language;
- how Python is commonly used; and
- how Python can be helpful in your work.
1:30pm | Working with Python -- For the remainder of the training, you'll work hands-on with Python in an online simulator (no special programs or installation required).
- how to get started with Python and use the online classroom;
- how to perform simple but valuable – and helpful! – math operations;
- what a function is, why you would use one, and how to create your own;
- how to build powerful conditional statements and loops;
- common errors in coding Python – and how to solve them quickly; and
- additional resources you can use to expand your abilities in Python.
The last workshop segment will end at 4:00pm Eastern / Washington D.C. time