Learn the tools of the trade (literally!) for digital communications and marketing. In this fun, practical workshop offered online, you'll get hands-on experience with:
- Adobe Photoshop, the “gold standard” in graphic design – and a frequently requested skill in job postings;
- Adobe Premiere, a powerful and user-friendly program to compile and edit video, from short clips for social media to long-form projects;
- HTML and CSS, two common web languages that affect the formatting of your emails, blog posts, and much more;
- Google Analytics, a free, powerful online platform that can power smart, strategic decision-making about your online presence … if you understand how to make the most of it; and
- an introduction to online security so you understand what's at stake and best practices to protect your personal and professional communications.
This workshop is ideal for people who work, or want to work, in (digital) communications, marketing, coalitions, and PR roles. No previous experience is necessary. Each session starts at a foundational level and will help you quickly develop valuable – and marketable – skills to put to work right away.
Register once to attend any or all of the sessions and access replays. Here's what will be offered each day:
Adobe Photoshop (Monday from 3pm to 4:30pm Eastern) – Get a foundation in working with Adobe Photoshop to create graphics for websites, social media, and email newsletters. The majority of this session is spent on hands-on learning exercises to create graphics and GIFs.
Past experience with design is not necessary. You will benefit from purchasing or downloading a free trial copy of Adobe Photoshop.
Adobe Premiere (Tuesday from 3pm to 4:30pm Eastern) – Learn how to compile and edit video in Adobe Premiere. You'll get experience with hands-on exercises, complete with sample video files to edit and improve, and finish your first video project in this workshop.
Past experience with video editing is not necessary. You will benefit from purchasing or downloading a free trial copy of Adobe Premiere.
HTML/CSS (Wednesday from 3pm to 4:30pm Eastern) – Win your next battle with your content management system or email platform by learning the basics of HTML and CSS. No previous coding or technical experience is necessary. You'll complete hands-on learning exercises – and learn how to troubleshoot challenges you're likely to face in your day-to-day work.
Google Analytics (Thursday from 3pm to 4:30pm Eastern) – Google Analytics is one of the most powerful tools to measure the effectiveness of your digital presence … if you understand how to make the most of it. In this session, you'll get an introduction to Google Analytics and learn how to identify, track, and measure your goals.
Intro to Online Security (Friday from 3pm to 4:30pm) – Get an introduction to online security issues, designed for non-technical (i.e. "non-techy") staff. You'll learn about common challenges for digital communications, including social media.
All training sessions are online, live, and interactive. All times listed are Eastern / Washington, D.C. time.