What you will learn
Campaign Management Workshop
1 or 2 days, $25.00 - $50.00 (meals included)
The Campaign Management Workshop teaches you how to manage or contribute to a winning campaign. Every year thousands run for elected office, but only a few win. Get the skills necessary to be a leader for the campaign of your choice.
You will create campaign, finance, and communications plans as well as voter outreach and get-out-the-vote strategies.
In LI's two-day program, you divide into small groups and complete exercises based on real-life campaign situations that test your abilities in fundraising, media relations, and voter outreach.
Ideal attendees are campaign staff, candidates, activists, or groups interested in working on ballot initiatives, propositions, or legislation.
You will learn to:
- Recruit and manage volunteers
- Build a grassroots infrastructure
- Organize precincts
- Get your voters to the polls
- Develop your campaign's message
Sample Lectures Include:
- What a Campaign Looks Like
- The Real Nature of Politics and Elections
- Researching the Candidates and District
- Developing a Campaign Strategy and Message
- Building Coalitions
- Voter Identification and Targeting
- Voter Contact Tactics: Phones, Mail, In Person
- Voter Contact Tactics: Social Networking and New Media
- Voter Turnout Operations
- Fundraising- Direct Mail Fundraising, Events, Internet Fundraising